The company was founded in 1931 by Carl Saacke as CSÖ and is based in Bremen, Germany with production plants, customer support centers, service stations and sales network worldwide. The company introduced its first burner for marine use to the market in 1934. The company is now a market leader for marine combustion engineering and complete plant systems.
SAACKE on board; this means reliable, environmentally friendly and energy-efficient combustion plants for sea-going vessels, offshore plants and LNG tankers. The vast experience in the development, design and construction of new plants and conversion of existing plants pays off here.
SAACKE offers in-depth expertise and efficient order handling from a single source. Each individual combustion plant not only ensures high availability, but also meets the strictest environmental standards. That holds true for standard configurations and for plants with individual and tailored systems.
What SAACKE offers :
1. MARINE BOILERS – up to 110 t/h steam capacity
- Composite marine boiler (CMB)
- Fired marine water heater (FBW)
- Fired marine boiler (FMB)
- Exhaust gas economizer/boiler (EMB / EME)
Click here for more information on SAACKE Boilers
2. MARINE BURNERS – burning all types of fuel with capacities up to 80 MW / multi-fuel solutions also available
- Marine rotary cup atomizer duoblock burner (SKV / SKVG)
- Marine rotary cup atomizer monoblock burner (SKVJ-M / SKVJG-M)
- Marine steam pressure atomizer (DDZ-M)
Click here for more information on SAACKE Burners
3. GAS COMBUSTION UNITS (GCU)
The GCU (Gas Combustion Unit) developed by SAACKE makes the safe transport of liquefied natural gas (LNG) at sea possible. It utilises surplus boil-off gas completely and with maximum availability.
The GCU combines a burner with an air-cooled steel combustion chamber. All components are built so compactly that the entire system can be accommodated in the area of the funnel and saves valuable installation space in the ship. The GCU has several power-saving blowers, is ignited with either oil or gas and can be run at full load within a few minutes.
Thanks to its design, which is specially adapted to the ship-specific requirements, the GCU combines all the advantages of economical, operationally reliable and environmentally friendly combustion at sea. This applies to both the GCU compact series and the new SAACKE GCU evo.
The new GCU evo
- Capacity range: 0.4 – 4.5 t/h methane (other variables available on request)
- Combustion of the boil-off-gases on the basis of the 100% free-flow-solution
- Low NOx values thanks to cold flame technology
- Short flame due to grid burner
The Classic GCU compact
- Capacity range 0.5 – 6.5 t/h methane (other variables available on request)
- Low heat radiation and minimum NOx emission due to the low flame temperature resulting from the high air excess (250%)
- Turbulent wave motion does not cause contact between the flame and the walls of the combustion chamber. This significantly increases the stability of the combustion chamber
- Vertical or horizontal installation possible
- Oil-fired ignition burner guarantees continuous operation even in exceptional situations
- Controlled fuel-to-air ratio ensures reliable combustion and low emission values
- Easy maintenance through funnel shaft. Internal parts such as the combustion chamber and burner can be removed and replaced
Click here for more information on SAACKE GCUs
The SAACKE Multistream Exhaust Gas Cleaning System (EGCS-HM) / SOx scrubber guarantees the continued use of heavy fuel oil, while reliably complying with the required emissions values (reducing Sulphur from 3.5% down to 0.1%). Its short amortization period makes it attractive for new-builds and retrofits alike.
The Scrubber is U-type multi-stream and can accept a combination of exhaust gases from M/E, A/Es and Boilers in a single tower, depending on the requirements of each vessel.
The internally developed EGCS monitor enables the live monitoring of all relevant system data onshore, which offers significant savings potentials for the operator. Overall, the efficient and practical engineering reflects SAACKE’s decades of experience in the field of maritime applications.
- Capacity range up to 30 MW (engine equivalent)
- SOx removal rate >99%
- Modes of operation are Open-Loop, Hybrid or Closed-Loop mode.
Click here for more information on SAACKE SOx Scrubbers
SAACKE support you over the whole life-cycle of the boiler plant – worldwide.
Our Principals' manufacturer-independent range of services covers not only the classic boiler repair by certified and qualified personnel, but also the project-specific manufacturing of complete new boiler pressure chambers, if necessary also made-to-measure from existing drawings.
Should unforeseeable boiler damage occur, SAACKE offer you a worldwide boiler repair service in close coordination with the classification societies. Within a minimum amount of time, qualified boiler welders and supervisors with certificates from all the leading classification societies can be dispatched at short notice, since SAACKE have highly qualified teams of workers around the globe.
All boiler material supplied by SAACKE (tubes, tube plates, membrane walls, etc.) carry the necessary class approvals and, as customers would expect from a well-reputed manufacturer, our repair work is backed up by the essential approvals, procedures and certification.
Customers can take advantage of SAACKE services on either a case-by-case basis, or as part of a tailor-made strategic agreement.
SAACKE is not only the company to call when you are in trouble, we are also there to advise and consult, and in turn prevent major breakdowns from happening – to guide and assist the conscientious and fore-sighted shipowner!
Areas of expertise include:
- Emergency spot repairs
- Major boiler repair and refurbishment / retubing
- Boiler preparation for annual survey
- Boiler 5-year special survey preparation
- Furnace refractory and burner quarls renewal
- Valve overhaul, repair and replacement
- Boiler heating surface cleaning
- Surveys and inspections
- Full and partial re-tubing
- Short notice worldwide emergency repairs, such as plugging, welding, etc.
- Refractory supply/installation/replacement
- Production and supply of classification approved boiler repair parts
Click here for more information on SAACKE Boiler repair services
In order to maintain the high efficiency of any boiler, the most important operation is routine cleaning, in order to remove carbon and particle deposits from inside the tubes.
You can read more about the importance of boiler tube cleaning in this link.
Click here for details on the Putzmaus
b. For Pin Tubes : PurePin - Pin Tube Cleaner
Click here for details on the PurePin
Why choose SAACKE :
Engineering, construction, manufacturing, support and service of marine systems are in the best hands at SAACKE, thanks to comprehensive know-how for standard applications and individual projects. Our customers appreciate not only the extreme reliability and very high availability of all the components, but also the outstanding efficiency and eco-friendly operation. And that over the renowned long service life.
For conversions of existing plants, customers can count on the know-how, the personal consultation and customized solutions from SAACKE. Experienced teams carry out a detailed assessment of the plant environment before the start of the engineering work. It forms the basis for balanced dimensioning of all the components. Standard components or plants are integrated into the existing system or – if necessary – alternative possibilities are developed.